Christi for Kansas
Why am I running to represent district 27?
Kansas kids deserve leadership in this great state to fully fund special education services and the legislature’s failure to do so led me to file for office. As a parent of kids who require special education funding, I know how critical these services are and how the school district budget shortfalls are shortchanging Kansas school children of all abilities. I have watched teachers exiting out of the profession at an alarming rate and have not seen or heard the Legislature ask teachers what would help them to do their job better. The teacher resignations/retirements are at a critical level that requires deep soul searching to understand why – and solutions to keep teachers educating Kansas kids.
I am running to protect a woman’s right to choose. I will stand against attempts to legislate a woman’s bodily autonomy and her right to privacy. Trust women.
I am also running for office to bring back true transparency in the legislative process. I believe Legislative Bills that are supported by a majority of Kansans’ deserve hearings, testimony and votes free of extremist pressure. Kansans’ deserve leadership that works for common sense solutions for the greater good and a process filled with integrity.
I will put partisanship aside and find common sense solutions that serve all Kansans. This is what makes our state stronger and will keep it a place our children want to stay to raise their own families. I am ready to listen, understand different perspectives and build common sense solutions for House District 27.
My priorities for our community.
Right to Privacy
- Protect a woman’s right to control her own bodily autonomy and make her own private reproductive choices
- Fight against efforts to further restrict reproductive healthcare from the current laws that exist
- Provide immediate relief to Kansas families and those on fixed incomes.
- Immediate repeal of the grocery sales tax.
- Implement a state tax holiday/pause on gas.
- Fully fund our public schools, including academics, athletics, activities and special education.
- Fight against open enrollment that school districts throughout our state testified against as it equates to an unfunded mandate.
- Work to find common sense solutions to retain teachers and stop the exodus from the profession.
- Help lower property tax & support a cap on property tax for those that are 65 and older.
- Fund the statutory requirement under the Local Ad Valorem Tax Relief Fund (LAVRF) that will aid counties and municipalities in reducing property taxes for every Kansan.
- As a proud daughter of a Sheriff’s Lieutenant, I support all law enforcement in the State of Kansas.
- Will work to fully fund law enforcement & mental health teams.
Hilltop Conference Center:
7700 West 143rd Street, Overland Park
Hours of Operation:
October 22-November 5th & 7th.
Monday-Friday 10 AM – 7 PM
Saturday 9 AM – 3 PM
Nov 7 AM – 12 PM
Register to Vote
You can register to vote or change your registration information Welcome – Kansas Online Voter Registration (ks.gov) with a valid Kansas driver’s license or a nondriver’s identification card.
(Requires a valid KS ID)
Need a yard sign?
Please complete this form to order a yard sign.
As a grass roots campaign, we kindly ask for a $5 donation (if possible) to the Christi 4 Kansas campaign, when ordering a yard sign.
Thank you for your support!